KAIST (formally the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) is a public research university located in Daedeok Innopolis, Daejeon, South Korea. KAIST was established by the Korean government, with the help of American policymakers, in 1971 as the nation's first research-oriented science and engineering institution. KAIST also has been internationally accredited in business education, and hosting the Secretariat of AAPBS. KAIST has approximately 10,200 full-time students and 1,140 faculty researchers and had a total budget of US$765 million in 2013, of which US$459 million was from research contracts. From 1980 to 2008, the institute was known as the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. In 2008, the name was shortened to "KAIST".
In 2007 KAIST adopted dual degree programs with leading world universities to offer its students diverse educational opportunities and strengthen academic exchanges. Its partner institutions include the Technical University of Denmark, Carnegie Mellon University, the Georgia Institute of Technology, Technical University of Berlin, and the Technische Universität München.
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- National Health insurance
- We offer KAIST Scholarships to admitted students. Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after their freshman year.
- Applicants are welcome from various countries except South Korea
- Applicants must fulfill all requirements in the Undergraduate scholarship program at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Applicants must begin the learning process in the Spring and Autumn of 2019
- Application form (Download via the KAIST website)
- Letter of recommendation (Download via the KAIST website)
- School profile for middle and high school
- Transcript value of high school / university grades
- Standardized Official Test Report
- TOEFL test report
- Passport or KTP
- Statement of Financial Resources (KAIST Scholarship)
- Statement of Financial Resources (Sponsorship)
- Contests and awards (Optional)
How to Apply:
Applicants can immediately register online at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) website. Please read the guidelines and conditions of the scholarship program when applying.
Follow THIS LINK
January 4, 2019