For the 2019- 2020 academic year, the Romanian State offered to foreign citizens through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in keeping with Government Decision No 288/1993, 85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education (MNE), in keeping with the Romanian current legislation.
Number of scholarships:
85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education (hereafter, MNE), in keeping with Romanian current legislation.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support - a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
architecture, visual arts, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, political and administrative sciences, education sciences, social and human sciences, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine. Scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of medicine and pharmacy.
For more information, please see APPENDIX 4.
For more information, please see APPENDIX 4.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the "Good" score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship is not, until 31 December of the year in which he / she was nominated, more than 35 years of age - for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively - for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university studies, as well as to candidates who require the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licență).
This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with the defence of a dissertation.
this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis. Admission to a PhD course is conditioned by an entrance examination.
More information is available in APPENDIX 3.
The application file must contain the following documents:
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
- The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly;
- The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor's, master's and doctor's degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets / diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable;
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian;
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport;
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies;
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
- Recent photos - 2 pieces, passport format
How to Apply:
Application files must be submitted through diplomatic missions. Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MNE, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will NOT be taken into consideration.
- The deadline for submitting the application files For the Romania Government Scholarship is established by each diplomatic mission. Check the Romania Embassy Websites in Your Country.
- The deadline for submitting the application files For the Romania Government Scholarship at the Embassy of Romania to Islamabad is 08 Februari 2019.