The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen500,000 and up to Yen1,000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.
- Applicants should be currently working outside academia or be a researcher or student higher than MA or its equivalent level.
- The postdoctoral researchers will be placed lower in priority
- The candidates are required to find the host university or institution by themselves.
- The grant will be offered for 5 to 6 months between September 2019 and March 2020, depending on their proposal.
- The successful candidates should be engaged in the proposed study/research, submit a report of 500 to 700 word at the end of the funding period, and make a presentation of the above report.
- The applicants for JAUW International Fellowship Program, 2019 should submit 5 copies of each part 1 and part 2 of the application form.
- Three recommendation letters should be submitted by the candidates.
- An acceptance letter from the host supervisor should be submitted.
- The candidates should also submit a medical certificate and a 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm photo on part 1 of the application form.
- The applicants should also submit a research proposal explaining why they have come to stay in Japan and how will they contribute to their home country.
How to Apply:
For details of this program, please see the INSTRUCTIONS, which is downloadable from HERE
31 March 2019
31 March 2019