The Erasmus Mundus EMLex offers an excellent international programme of study which is globally unique and highly attractive due to various activities. During the two-year programme, students will spend the second semester together with all other students at one university, which changes every year. On request, it is possible to study at a third university of the EMLex consortium in the third semester. In the 1st and 4th semester studies take place at the so-called home university. Erasmus Mundus applicants have the opportunity to name their preferred choices for their home university; the selection committee distributes the applicants equally to the partner universities. Self-paying students (those who do not hold a scholarship) are guaranteed a place at their university of first choice.
The Erasmus Mundus programme is fee-based, i.e. students have to pay participation costs to the EMLex consortium for each semester. In return, the consortium pays for costs arising in the course of the studies, for example tuition and administration fees, health insurance, library fees, etc. In addition, it organizes a supporting programme. All students have to sign a Student Agreement before the beginning of their studies.
- The applicants of all nationalities can apply but are divided into two categories:
- Partner Countries: non-EU countries with the exception of Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland
- Programme Countries: 28 EU member states + Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland
- The applicants must have a higher education degree from :
- Computational/Applied) Linguistics
- (Foreign) Languages
- Book Studies / Library
- Information Science or other relevant disciplines
- The applicant must satisfy the program's language requirement.
The value of Erasmus Mundus scholarship vary for students in different categories:
- Partner Countries: EUR 4,500 per semester
- Programme Countries: EUR 2,250 per semester
How To Apply:
- Fill out the application form on the computer and sign it by hand.
- Send the application form together with the following documents to email@example.com..
- Pay attention to the following requirements:
- All documents have to be in only one single PDF format.
- The name of the file should correspond to the following pattern: EMLex application + your name
- The file should not exceed 4 MB (if so you might have to zip the files).
- The documents have to be in the following order:
- application form
- motivation letter (2 pages max., in English or German). In the letter you should respond to the following aspects:
- Explain the reasons why you wish to study the EMLex Master Programme, express your expectations and your own contribution. In addition, you should state what you plan to do with the EMLex master degree.
- Report your experiences with scientific or practical lexicography that you have already made and why you have an interest in lexicography.
- Explain your choice of the preferred home university (while your preferences will be taken into account as far as possible, the final assignment will be made to best fit your study needs).
- Answer the following question: Which lexicographic project would you like to realize in your home country if you had the chance to do so?
- certificate of HEI degree
- a transcript of academic records
- language certificatea copy of your identity document
01 March 2019