King’s Summer Programmes is proud to be offering tuition fee scholarships to excellent, highly motivated students from the UK and around the globe to study on our summer schools. We are looking for excellent candidates who are passionate about thinking, learning and communicating. All scholarship applicants need to apply for the programme in the usual way and must fulfil our standard academic criteria.
The Summer@King’s scholarship covers the 2019 tuition fee of £1,950 (PreUniversity) and £1,600 (Undergraduate)
- Would you like to make the most of this coming summer? If you like expressing your thoughts and are able to present and synthesize your thinking in a video blog, we would love to hear from you.
- We are looking for bright candidates from anywhere in the world who are passionate about thinking, learning and communicating. All applicants must fulfill our standard academic criteria.
- We will be assessing how well argued your answer is and we are looking for videos that express your own original ideas clearly and concisely. We encourage the use of secondary literature, remember to acknowledge your references. The artistic quality of the video is not part of the assessment, so please feel free to use a mobile phone or a tablet when recording.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
How to Apply:
- Apply online via the King’s Apply portal. For details on how to submit your summer school application, please follow the instructions on our ‘How to Apply’ page. In addition, you must also do the following:
- Include the statement “I am applying for a Summer@King’s scholarship” at the top of the Personal Statement section of the application.
- Create a video (no longer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds) of
yourself answering the following question: “Why does London matter to
the world in 2019?”
You can approach this question in a number of different ways, considering a range of themes, and you may also wish to reflect on the question from the perspective of your particular subject area.
- Upload the video to Dropbox and add the Dropbox link to the top of your personal statement. IMPORTANT: Video should be in one of the following formats: .mov or .mp4 or .avi or .wmv.
12 April 2019