The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) supports short-term research attachments for top international students at A*STAR, giving you the unique opportunity to experience the vibrant scientific environment in A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia, and work with distinguished and world-renowned researchers.
This award is eligible for students who are pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees. If you’re considering PhD studies in A*STAR, do apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) programme.
- Open for application by international students in Biomedical, Science and Engineering related disciplines who are undergraduate students in their third or fourth year, or Master students
- The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply:
- Interested students can browse through A*STAR Research Institutes (RIs) and Consortia for attachment opportunities.
- Interested students are to contact A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia directly for attachment opportunities.
- Please submit the following supporting documents via email to the contact person for the Research Institute that you would like to be attached to.
- Curriculum Vitae
- English-Translated Transcripts of Bachelor and Master Studies (if any)
- Copy of Identity Certificate/ Passport
- Recommendation letter (if any)
- Proposed start and end date of attachment
- A*STAR Research Institutes Coordinator List
- There are 6 application cycles per year. Please refer to the table below.
- Nominations for A*STAR Graduate Academy’s (A*GA’s) funding of attachment must be submitted by the RI to A*GA at least 6 weeks in advance.
- Students are advised to contact the Research Institute at least 2 weeks before the nomination closing dates.
|Student to contact RI for attachement opportunities (recommended)||Closing dates for RI’s nomination of Student to A*GA||For A*GA’s funding of attachments starting|
|31 Jan||15 Feb||From 1 Apr|
|31 Mar||15 Apr||From 1 Jun|
|31 May||15 Jan||From 1 Aug|
|31 Jul||15 Aug||From 1 Oct|
|30 Sep||15 Oct||From 1 Dec|
|30 Nov||15 Dec||From 1 Feb|