The Y20 Summit (G20 Youth Summit) is the official engagement group for young people of the G20 countries. Every year, it gathers youth from all over the G20 countries to debate and deliver policy recommendations on some of the world’s most pressing issues to the high-level G20 Head of State Summit.
As a Youth Focal Point to the Republic of Indonesia’s G20 Sherpa, Indonesian Youth Diplomacy (IYD) will recruit two official delegates aged 18-30 to represent the voice of Indonesian youth at the 2019 Y20 Summit. This year, the Summit will be held from 26-30 May in Tokyo, Japan.
Japan’s priority agenda for its G20 Osaka Summit 2019 rests on seven priority issues:
- Promoting free trade;
- Science and technology innovation;
- Infrastructure for development;
- Global health;
- Climate change;
- Aging populations; and
- Promoting the Sustainable Development Goals and international development.
The outcome of the Youth Summit will be a Communiqué that will be presented to the G20 leaders which outline the common ideas that were devised by the delegates at the summit.
This year, you can nominate someone whom you think can best represent Indonesian youth’s voice! You can simply fill out the form with the contact details of your nominee and a short description why you think this person possesses all the outstanding qualities to be Indonesia’s face in the Y20 Summit!
- In the previous summits, the hosting governments fund all in-country expenses throughout the summit. More details will be available closer to the date, but please be assured that past delegates have managed to lock-in sponsorship deals.
The aspirants for the G20 Youth Summit will have to check the following criteria before submission of application.
- An inspirational young Indonesian citizen (undergraduate/ graduate student, recent graduate, or young professional in Indonesia or abroad) from either the public, private and/ or civil society sectors
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old at the time of the Y20 Japan 2019
- Strong leadership and excellent track record
- Having a clear understanding of the G20, especially the Leaders’ Summit and the Y20 Summit
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Fully committed to participate and contribute enthusiastically in all the sessions of the Y20 Japan 2019 and IYD events, including the pre- and post-Summit commitments
- Medically ﬁt to travel to the Y20 Japan 2019
How to Apply:
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Step 1. Fill out the online application form here. Upon completion, you will be able to download your resume and essays form (Word document).
- Step 2. Fill out the downloaded resume and essays form. Save it as PDF.
- Step 3. Upload the resume and essays form (PDF) here.
The result of your application will be available by mid-February.
07 February 2019