developing country citizens (.xlsx) who are current PhD candidates studying in developing countries, funding up to $25,000 to conduct PhD research on a development topic in a World Bank member country other than the Fellow's home country or country of residence. This is a wonderful opportunity for the most promising developing nation researchers to advance their doctoral work with the best international advisors and host institutions in their fields of study.
The call for RSMFP fellowship applications from PhD candidates is now open until the application deadline of May 2, 2019. Learn how to apply.
RSMFP was established in 1982 with $2.8 million in funding from the World Bank and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and former Yugoslavia.
- RSMFP provides up to $25,000 (U.S.) for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country.
- The Scholarship covers a 6 to 10 month period.
- Details on eligible expenditures are provided in the Application Guidelines.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country (.xlsx);
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date;
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application;
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development.
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group
How to Apply:
Guidance for this call for RSMFP fellowship applications, including this call’s: (i) instructions and requirements to submit an application, the eligibility criteria applicants must meet; and the selection process are provided in the Application Guidelines and FAQs. Please read these documents before starting your application.
Once you are familiar with the application requirements and processes, click HERE to apply, and refer to the Accessing the online application and Navigating the online application to learn how to access and navigate the online application.
- You will be required to upload a proposed budget for RSM financing in the application. The template you are required to use for this budget can be downloaded here.
- Regarding some eligibility criteria you may want to refer to the list of World Bank member countries, and to the list of World Bank member countries that can receive Bank financing.
- The FAQs document will be updated on an as needed basis during the call for applications to ensure clarity of instructions.
02 May 2019