The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States for the world’s top social change leaders. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows. Participants in this prestigious fellowship receive health insurance, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
- Both International and local travel related to the fellowship program
- Basic insurance of health
- A monthly stipend that will provide for local transport, shared accommodation, food and a phone plan
- Atlas Corps will also provide the selected fellows help with the visa process. They will provide the fellows with the DS 2019 Documentation that will help them obtain a J1 visa
- Atlas corps will also be responsible for placing the selected fellows in host organizations
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Age 35 or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship)
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
For more explanation of these requirements, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
How to Apply:
- Part 1: You will need to create a login and you can save your responses so that you can return to the application at any time. In Part 1 of the application (known as the “short form”), you provide contact information and complete the initial eligibility test. If you pass the initial eligibility test, you’ll complete additional background questions and one short essay. NOTE: In order to sponsor Fellows to come to the United States for one year, we require detailed information about each applicant. Please answer each question honestly and thoroughly.
- Part 2 (by invitation only): Atlas Corps will review Part 1 applications and invite eligible candidates to complete Part 2 of the application (known as the “long form”), which includes additional questions about your skills and interests and several short essay questions. You will also be required to submit contact information for at least two references who know you in a professional capacity and will write a letter of recommendation about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success as an Atlas Corps Fellow. You will need to send your requests for letter of recommendation directly through the application system. Your recommenders will receive an email that asks for a recommendation. More detailed instructions can be found in the online application form.
15 August 2019