Along with educational activities, Yunus Emre Institute organizes art and culture events and supports scientific studies all around the globe through Yunus Emre Turkish Culture Centres and offices at various universities worldwide. In this scope, Yunus Emre Institute is organizing the Turkish Literature Summer School in Istanbul to present a deeper insight into Turkish literature. We hereby invite you to Istanbul this summer to join this wonderful program whereby you will get the chance to meet prominent authors and poets of Turkish literature, acquaint yourself with the works of diverse authors of various literary genres through seminars, discussions and various workshops, and experience the real settings of Turkish literature onsite.
Scholarship covers the following:
- International and local transportation
- Three meals a day
- Course materials
- Museum fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa costs
- Personal expenditures
Accommodation Single rooms at dormitories/guesthouses of universities or other public institutions.
Theme and subject
- Seminars and workshops: Seminars rich in content to be delivered by experts about Turkish literature, its genres and history; meetings with authors, poets, and academicians of Turkish literature; reading and translation workshops etc.
- Field visits: Seminars at Gülhane Park Alay Pavilion, visits to the Ahmet Hamdi Tanpınar Research centre, Sait Faik Abasıyanık Museum House, the Museum of Innocence, other literature museums, memorial houses of poets and authors, publishing houses, libraries, etc.
- Opportunity to get closely acquainted with Turkey’s Translation & Publication Support Program (TEDA).
- Chance to sightsee Istanbul, one of the most visited and most significant cities in the world
Target Group and Application Requirements Only one person per country will be admitted to the program. 25 people will be accepted in total who will constitute a single class from among those meeting the requirements below.
- Good command of Turkish (at least B2)
- Should be between 18-35 years of age
- Should open to intercultural dialogue
- Should have a genuine interest in Turkish literature
- Should be a student or graduate of Turkish, Turkology, Ottoman/Turkish studies, South Europe studies, etc.
- Should preferably be working in a field to do with Turkish or Turkish literature such as doing translation into or from Turkish
- Should have no health problems that could impede traveling
Date and Method of Application Applications shall be made online at the address http://basvuru.yee.org.tr/en between March 27 th – April 25 th , 2019.
25 April 2019