Asian countries have been in different learning outcome ratings in the Program of International Student Assessment (PISA) especially on mathematics. The quality of STEM education at secondary education level determines the foundation for a country's further competitiveness in technological innovation. An examination of the different models of strengthening STEM education at secondary education level will help extract experiences and lessons learned and share knowledge for developing Asian countries determined in improving learning outcomes in STEM and transitioning to a knowledge-based and innovation-driven economy.
- ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
- visit HERE for more information about Benefit
- Masters or PhD student in education, educational economics, or relevant areas, with advanced data collection, processing and analysis skills.
- Familiar with the advanced practices in organizing and delivering STEM education at secondary education level and its linkages with the higher education in STEM;
- Familiar with the experience in developing STEM education in some Asian countries which have been ranked middle to high in PISA (on mathematics, as relevant);
- Skills in carrying out data analyses as needed;
- Knowledge about education financing, the options of public-private-partnership, and the applied education technology (e.g. ICT in education, Apps for teacher training and assessment, etc.) in improving access to and quality of education.
How to Apply:
- Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
- Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
- Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
- Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
- Apply HERE
19 June 2019