We are pleased to announce the Understanding Korea 2019 Contest Call for Essays. Please note the following guidelines. The Center for International Affair at AKS is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in International textbooks.
International Images of Korea
- Images of Korea in international instructional materials (International textbooks, Internet sites, etc.)
- Proposals on how to improve the image of Korea
Improvements using Understanding Korea Materials
- Improvements using Understanding Korea materials and suggestions for developing new materials
- Grand Prize
Awarded by the Minister
Prize worth 900,000 won
- Excellence Prize
Awarded by AKS President
Prize worth 300,000 won
- Participation Prize
Awarded by the Center Director
Prize worth 150,000 won
- All applicants will receive a souvenir (First 100 applicants only)
Any person except Koreans living in the Korea
How to Apply:Fill out the application form and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Language: Korean or English
- Essay Length: About 3 pages in A4 format
- Download the application form from information bulletins on the Academy of Korean Studies website or Center for International Affairs website and submit (only the official form will be accepted).
Website: http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/, http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/
- Submitted essays will not be returned, and CEFIA will obtain the copyright.
- Applications can be submitted using either Theme 1, Theme 2, or both.
31 July 2019