The KF Fellowship for Korean Language Training (KLT) program provides an opportunity for graduate students of Korean studies, Korean studies researchers and those working in Korea-related fields overseas to learn Korean in an intensive immersion program at a university in Korea for at least six months.
- Living expenses (paid on a monthly basis)
- Undergraduates, BA or MA degree holders or individuals with less than three years ofrelated career experience: KRW 1,000,000
- PhD candidates and those with at least three years of related career experience: KRW 1,200,000
- Travel allowance: KRW 300,000 (one-time benefit)
- Tuition and fees for learning institution
- Health insurance (accident insurance and medical care insurance provided by a Korean insurance company)
Requirement:Those who are majoring in Korean studies (humanities, social sciences, and culture/arts), are currently involved in Korea-related research, or are working in a Korea-related field and correspond to one of the following profiles may apply for the KLT program. All those who apply must be able to understand and speak at least basic Korean.
Graduate students pursuing a major or minor in a Korea-related field with a detailed thesis proposal on a Korea-related topic
University professors, university lecturers and researchers
Professors, or lecturers who are currently teaching Korea-related or Korean language courses or researchers who are conducting Korea-related research at a university or research institute (non-profit, government-funded, university-affiliated, etc.).
Professionals engaged in Korea-related activities
(e.g. curators of a museum's Korean gallery, Korean studies librarians at a university, journalists who mainly deal with current affairs on Korea)
① Undergraduate students whose major or minor is Korean studies (or Korean language) and who are at least in the 3rd year of their respective course
② Undergraduate students who are at least in the 3rd year of their respective courses and have taken over 8 classes regarding Korean studies (or Korean language) at a university that does not offer any Korean studies or Korean language degrees.
- Applicants must submit the detailed transcripts for all classes.
Former Diplomat Fellows
Former fellows who have completed the KF Korean Language and Culture Program for Diplomats and wish to take more courses that are focused on language training (applicant pool determined separately)
How to Apply:
- Applications should be submitted via the KF Online Application Portal (http://apply.kf.or.kr).
- Click on the 'Apply' button at the bottom of this program announcement and complete the online application form.
- 《 Important Reminders for the Online Application》
- You must first register as member before applying.
- The 'Apply' button is only activated during the application period from July 1 to September 2, 2019).
- The application form must be completed in Englsih or Korean. All supporting documents must be in English or Korean or be accompanied by verbatim translations.
- Bibliographies or citations in any publications or dissertations included with the application must follow APA or MLA style.
- Click the 'Temporary Save' button whenever you make any changes to the application, particularly when attaching supplemental documents.
- For supplementary documents, one PDF file may be uploaded per category.
02 September 2019