The university has 10 faculties and enrolls about 30,000 students, 2,100 of whom are international students. Its five campuses are in Hongō, Komaba, Kashiwa, Shirokane and Nakano. It is among the top type of the select Japanese universities assigned additional funding under the MEXT's Top Global University Project to enhance Japan's global educational competitiveness.The university has graduated many notable alumni, including 17 Prime Ministers, 16 Nobel Prize laureates, 3 Pritzker Prize laureates, 3 astronauts, and 1 Fields Medalist.
Amount: 180,000 JPY/month
- Student enrolling in April: April 2020 to March 2022
- Privately financed international students whose nationalities are Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, East Timor, or Vietnam in a Japanese Graduate school (Research students are not eligible).
- Those who will enroll in a Master’s course or a doctoral course in April 2019.
- Possess strong interests in improving international understanding and a strong will to participate in events hosted by the Foundation.
- Must not receive funding from other scholarship foundations under any circumstance.
- Possess ‘college student’ visa status.
- Does not have a parent employed in Japan.
- Must not have a PhD. degree.
- Those who have sufficient Japanese language skills to conduct their study or research.
- Those who are willing to participate exchange activities as alumni after the expiration of Sato Yo International scholarship.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to ILO.
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
Room 120, Environmental Studies Building
5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Phone: 04-7136-4561 (From overseas: +81 4 7136 4561)
Fax: 04-7136-4560 (From overseas: +81 4 7136 4560)
- Application Form for Scholarship from private Foundations
- Complete set of Application Form (Foundation specified form)
- Academic transcript (from the undergraduate to the current course, see the attachment 1 in the guideline)
- Certificate of admission, copy
- Research plan (Size of A4)
- Research achievements (Size of A4)
Deadline:15 December 2019