The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, leadership potential and study in food, agriculture and risk management.
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three-day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
- Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the required criteria.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Indonesia
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB)
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) – Biology students only
- Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) – Biology and Environmental Engineering students only
- Universitas Brawijaya (UB)
- Universitas Diponegoro (UNDIP)
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Universitas Hasanuddin (UNHAS)
- Universitas Lampung (UNILA)
- Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS)
- Universitas Sriwijaya (UNSRI)
- Second year undergraduate student in one of the following fields:
- Accounting, preference in Makassar area
- Agriculture Related Field
- Animal Husbandry Related Field
- Environmental Engineering
- Fisheries Related Field
- Veterinary Medicine
- Demonstrate high academic performance (with GPA of at least 3.0 (0-4 scale) for semester 1 – 3)
- Involvement in social and student activities, and showing leadership potential
- Demonstrate financial need
- Enroll as a full-time student
- Women and difable are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- To access the application, visit the Applications page.
- In order to get started with the application, you will first need to register online and create an account.
- In addition to your application, the following supporting documents listed below must be uploaded or attached to your online application form (in either doc/docx/pdf/jpeg format):
- 2 Personal Statements
- University transcript from semester 1-3
- High school transcript record
- Two (2) Letters of Reference
- Resume (CV)
- Certification letter
05 May 2020