Lincoln University is a New Zealand university that was formed in 1990 when Lincoln College, Canterbury was made independent of the University of Canterbury. Its undergraduate study areas include agriculture, commerce, computing, engineering, environment, food, forestry, horticulture, hospitality, landscape, Māori planning, property, recreation, sciences, transport and winemaking.
Lincoln University has a student population from more than 60 countries. Its primary campus is situated on 50 hectares (123 acres) of land located about 15 km (9 mi) outside the city of Christchurch in Lincoln, Canterbury.
In 2017 Lincoln University had 2695 Equivalent Full Time Students (EFTS) and total full time equivalent staff count of 643 (200 Academic, Administration and Support 277, Research and Technical 94, Trading and operational 72).
- The scholarship shall be open to people who are eligible to undertake full time postgraduate research study at Lincoln University into any issue associated with sustainable farm enterprises in high country environments in New Zealand.
- A scholarship may be awarded to a person who is not eligible to register as a full time research student at Lincoln University provided he or she becomes eligible to so register by 1 March in the year following the awards, or by such other date as may be determined by the Selection Committee in a particular case.
- If a candidate awarded a scholarship under 3(2) above does not become eligible to register for a research degree at Lincoln University by 1 March or by the date determined under the provisions of 3(2) above, then the award will lapse.
- Academic merit.
- The importance of the proposed research to sustainable farm enterprises in high country environments in New Zealand.
- The tenure of the scholarship for a PhD candidate is subject to the following conditions. The current value is $25,000pa.
- The tenure of the scholarship for a Masters or Honours candidate shall be for a maximum of one calendar year and shall begin at the commencement of the Semester immediately following the award. The current value is $10,000pa.
How To Apply:
Applications should be submitted online.
October 31, 2019