Please note: For visa purposes, the AGRTPS IS a Commonwealth Sponsored Scholarship.
A limited number (up to 10) of AGRTPS are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
How to Apply:
07 August 2020
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate),which is tax exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must satisfy the University's academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
How to Apply:
- To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a higher degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group, which will produce an application for both the AGRTPS and FIPRS via the Student info system. You can apply for admission at any time but before the closing date.If you already have a current offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you no not need to apply for admission again.
- You will need to have an active Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) to complete this process.
- If you have never studied at, or made an application to Flinders University, you can register and submit your application for admission to a higher degree by research using the application portal.
- After completing your registration you will receive a confirmation email, this will arrive within 1 hour to your nominated email address and will contain your login details and instructions on how to activate your FAN.
- If you have studied at Flinders University within the last 12 months you can submit your application for admission to research higher degree and for scholarship via the Student Information System.
- If you have studied at Flinders University but graduated more than 12 months ago you will need to reactive your FAN via the FAN reactivation page. With an active FAN you will then be able to submit your application for admission via the Student Information System as advised above.
- If you have previously applied to study at Flinders, you will be able to reactive your FAN via the FAN reactivation page, you will need to enter your Fist name, Last name, date of birth and your student ID, normally found on any letters sent by the university to you. The system will be able to identify you more accurately if you can enter your student ID.
- With an active FAN you will then be able to submit your application for admission via the Student Information System as advised above
- You will find the application form by selecting the My Applications tab at the top of the page, selecting the degree you wish to be admitted to and completing the form. Once you have completed the application for admission, you will need to complete an application for the scholarship.
- To do this, continue by selecting the My Scholarship tab and then Create a new scholarship application. The scholarship application is called International RHD Scholarship - group. This application will ensure you are assessed for both the AGRTPS and the FIPRS.
- Once your application is complete, including all mandatory questions and doumentation, your application will be assessed. Assessment will commence once applications have closed.
07 August 2020