The Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students is a cost-sharing initiative designed to assist graduate units in recruiting and supporting top international students by providing a top-up scholarship to each recipient, which will be paid in addition to the program’s normal funding package provided by the graduate unit.
- Be international applicants (Citizens and permanent residents of Canada are ineligible);
- Not be currently registered in a degree program at the University of Toronto;
- Have been or will be offered admission to a full-time doctoral program* with a funding commitment beginning September of the upcoming academic year; and
- Have achieved an A- average in each of the last two years of full-time study.
- Must remain eligible, in good academic standing, and meet the terms and conditions of the award;
- Must register and remain registered as a full-time student (a change in status may result in suspension or termination of payments and/or returning funds already received);
- Must maintain an A- average, and be making satisfactory progress toward the completion of their degree as determined by their graduate unit in order to maintain the award;
- Who transition to permanent residency status after receiving the first installment of the award will continue to be eligible for the balance of their renewable scholarship. A change in legal status after receiving the first installment does not affect the awardee’s eligibility to continue holding the award;
- Recipients may concurrently hold other awards at any value, with the exception of Tri-Agency awards of a value over $20,000.
How to Apply:
Nominations are made by graduate units in the Winter session based on admission applications.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact their graduate unit when applying for admission to the University of Toronto. HERE
Admission application deadlines are set by the individual graduate units. HERE