There are five scholarships available to South African citizens, all of which are for international postgraduate study. These are:
- FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarship;
- FirstRand Foundation scholarship;
- FirstRand Oxford African Studies scholarship to the University of Oxford;
- FirstRand FNB Fund Oxford education scholarship; and
- FirstRand FNB Fund scholarship for international postgraduate study in education.
Applications, including all attachments and reference letters, must be completed online and applicants must have applied directly to the university of their choice by the time the application is submitted.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The decisions of the adjudication panels are final and correspondence regarding their decision will not be entered into. The panels reserve the right not to make an award.
Applications open 16 December 2018 and close 21 February 2019. No late applications will be accepted.
The successful candidates will have excelled academically in their chosen field and will have been able to demonstrate:
21 February 2019
- leadership qualities;
- strength of character;
- community involvement; and
- the potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.
- candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship; and.
- successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
- Confirmation of each received application will be emailed to the applicant upon receipt of his or her application.
- All applications are evaluated by at least three preliminary evaluators from FirstRand, FNB, RMB, TSI and previous winners of the scholarship. A long list of around 40 applicants is then drawn up and interviewed in person in Cape Town or Sandton.
- Four shortlisted candidates are selected for the two education scholarships and should be available for final interviews held in Sandton on Monday 6 May 2019.
- Ten shortlisted candidates are selected for the FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar and FirstRand Foundation international postgraduate scholarships and the FirstRand Oxford African Studies scholarship and should be available for final interviews held in Sandton on Tuesday 7 May 2019.
- A final announcement will be made before the end of June 2019.
- Email queries can be sent for attention Beth van Heerden at firstname.lastname@example.org
21 February 2019