The Royal Golden Jubilee Ph.D. Programme is a prestigious scholarship scheme funded by the Thailand Research Fund under the Royal Thai government. The RGJ was initiated in 1996 to commemorate the Fiftieth Anniversary of His Majesty the King’s accession to the throne. The goal of the RGJ is to increase the number of Ph.D. holders and to enhance the strengthen of academic research work for the sustainable development of the nation.
Starting in 2017, the RGJ has been open to provide the full RGJ scholarship for the students from ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei) to pursue full-time doctoral study in Thailand.
The RGJ provides students with full scholarship to pursue Ph.D. study in Thailand with short term research abroad.
Types of scholarships :
- RGJ-Industry (120 grants)
- Research topic : Demand side from private sectors considering to 10 New Engine of Growth (100 grants) and other industries (20 grants)
- RGJ – Frontier research (50 grants)
- Research topic : Upstream research, Forefront research/ Cutting-edge
- RGJ for Humanity, Social Science, Liberal Arts and Environment (30 grants)
- Research topic : Demand side to provide solution finding in the field of Humanity, Social Science, Liberal Arts and Environment proposed from Ministry/Department/organization or research topics related to key issues such as
- Inequality and Poverty Reduction
- Creative Learning and Educational Reform
- Good Governance and Corruption Reduction
- Climate change
- Water management
- MUST NOT be awarded by RGJ and RRi scholarships more than 5 scholarships
- is under 63 years of age
- has to publish research papers continually
- who is over 57 years of age (on the application deadline) shall submit a confirmation letter from university to guarantee that he/she will be able to supervise a student until the student graduate.
- is a citizen from one of the ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei)
- has excellent academic performance (both bachelor’s and master’s degree)
- is able to pursue full-time doctoral studies in Thailand (3-5 years)
- is under 40 years of age
- has research publication(s) or oral/poster presentation(s) at a scientific meeting with English abstract(s).
- is fluent in writing and speaking English (applicants shall submit TOEFL, IELTS, CU-TEP or TU-GET score)
- 3.1 Proposal should not be more than one A4 page using Times New Roman 12 pt front including :
- Thesis (Thai and English)
- Type of scholarship (RGJ-Industry/RGJ – Frontier research/ RGJ for Humanity, Social Science, Liberal Arts and Environment)
- Specified user of this research work (private sector/social Ministry/Department/organization/etc.)
- Problem statement and motivation
- Keywords (3-5 keywords)
- Literature review
- Research objectives
- Research methodology
- Research scope
- Expected output, outcome and impact from research work
- Research framework (Mind Map) which shows the connection among Impact, Outcome, Outputs, Process and Inputs, should not be more than one A4 page.
- Advisor has to complete an online application form and submit the proposal and research framework on RGJ webpage (http://rgjadvisor.trf.or.th)
- Student has to complete an online application form for “ASEAN student” on RGJ webpage (https://rgjasean.trf.or.th/)
The online form allows any applicant to enter the required information, and can save and update it. Final submission shall be made to complete the application. It should be concerned that the number of characters in this filed are limited.
All documents submitted must be in English.
15 April 2019