The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2021 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme. Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
- The HEI will be required to give a FULL fee waiver to the student for the scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived). This is the minimum matching funding requirement that institutions will be required to make to the scholarship scheme.
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at covering student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of an undergraduate programme;
- one year of a taught master’s degree programme or;
- one year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme).
- The scholarship stipend will be transferred to the host higher education institution (HEI) of the successful student and forwarded by thatHEI to the scholar in two payments of €5,000.
Students whose domiciliary of origin is outside the EU/EEA member states and have received an offer of a place with an eligible Irish higher education institution for
- 1) The final year of an undergraduate program
- 2) One year of a taught masters degree program
- 3)One year of a research programme (i.e. one yearof a 2-year research masters or a3-4-year PhD programme).
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted via the online portal HERE.
23 March 2021