The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private research and academic institute located in the Moscow Region by Skolkovo village. Founded in 2011 with MIT’s collaboration, Skoltech will be responsible for preparing a new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, expanding the range of scientific knowledge, and stimulating technological innovation with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
For PhD Degree Please Click HERE
Field Of Study:
- Space and Engineering Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Photonics and Quantum Materials
- Life Sciences
- Data Science
- Information Science and Technology
- Materials Science
- Petroleum Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Mathematical Physics
- Energy Systems
Stipends and other benefits:
- Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40,000 RUR per month at MSc programs.
- Free medical insurance.
- Variety of academic mobility programs.
- The applicants who have successfully passed the admission process and are enrolled at Skoltech do not pay for their studies. The cost is fully covered by the university; for students, education is free of charge.
- For Master’s programs: An appropriate bachelor’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
- All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech. A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted.
- Submission of a General GRE score is not required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may enhance your application.
- Applications are open to domestic and international students. Applicants must be in their final year of their undergraduate studies or hold a higher education degree (bachelor’s degree or specialist degree) in one of the following areas of study: mathematics, technical science, applied science, physics, chemistry, biology, or related areas.
- Additionally, you must have a record of success in your studies as well as a knowledge of English.
Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to their programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc.
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
Students whose primary education is in the humanities, business, or social sciences must have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
How to Apply:
Please Visit HERE for Apply
- The application includes your CV, two letters of recommendation, and a motivation letter.
- Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend.”
- Applicants who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
- No application fee is required.
FOR THE APPLICATION GUIDE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
16 July 2020 (1st Round)