Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, in good health condition, (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45. Undergraduate student shall not exceed the age limit of 25).
Category of Scholarship & Eligibility Criteria
1. Scholarship for One-Semester Chinese Language Studying Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months，2020 Sep or 2021 Feb intake. Applicant should with a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK (Beginner Level) but no prior experience of studying in China.
2. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Chinese Language Studying Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months, 2020 Sep intake. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level).
3. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 4 academic years, 2020 Sep intake. Applicants should have a high school education certificate and Chinese proficiency is higher than HSK (Level 4) 210 points, HSKK (Intermediate level) 60 points.
4. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 2 academic years, 2020 Sep intake. Applicant should own a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). Applicant who is able to provide the employment agreement or certification from designated working institutions is preferred.
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Tuition fee does not cover the textbook expenses and tourist tickets.
- The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. For Master student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person.
- Accommodation fee is CNY 700 per person on monthly basis.
- Comprehensive medical insurance is RMB800 per person on yearly basis.
How to Apply:
- Please log on the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results. (You can check “The List of Application Documents for Confucius Institute Scholarships” on http://cis.chinese.cn)
- Register and apply online in Wuhan University at http://admission.whu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University”and application documents required. Please email the “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” to firstname.lastname@example.org after finishing the online application.
10t November 2020(for those commencing in Feb 2021)