Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for applicants residing abroad is for overseas students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese university / graduate school. All Rotary International District in Japan will open for 2020 enrollment.
Applicants are expected to have Japanese language proficiency: to understand basic Japanese: JLPT N4 level.
Applicants have to find out and apply for Japanese universities / graduate schools by themselves before applying for this scholarship. Those who enroll in undergraduates are requested to submit a copy of the application for admission for the university / graduated school. Those who enroll in graduate schools are requested to submit a recommendation letter from a supervisor / professor of the applicants’ targeted graduate school.
For April enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2020
For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2020
- Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
- Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
Supplemental for Airfare：
Actual expenses to arrive to Japan up to 250,000 yen is reimbursed at
orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit
all relevant receipts. Only the economy class fee is covered.
* Successful applicants must arrive in Japan prior to the designated month of admission. If not entered Japan by the month scholarship commences, the eligibility will automatically be lost, regardless of reason.
How to Apply:
When applying, please download and use the following documents:
- Application Guide for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Applicants Residing Abroad
- Application for Scholarship
- Research Plan at Japanese University
- Composition “Objective of my studies in Japan”
- Recommendation Letter
15 December 2019|