Sichuan Agricultural University (SAU) is a university located in Ya'an city, Sichuan province, China, and part of the “Project 211”, specialized in biotechnology and agricultural sciences, as well as offering degrees in physical science, engineering, economics, management, veterinary medicine, liberal arts, pedagogy and law.
The institution was founded in 1906 as Sichuan Tong Sheng Agricultural School. It is the first public agricultural college in Sichuan Province. In 1935, it became a component of National Sichuan University. In 1956 it moved from Chengdu to Ya'an, where Sichuan Agricultural College was founded as an independent institution in 1956. In 1985 it was renamed as Sichuan Agricultural University.
Nowadays, Sichuan Agricultural University (SICAU) has three campuses, respectively located in Chengdu city, Ya'an city, and Dujiangyan city. SICAU belongs to the 211 State Key University Group in China. The group member universities was officially selected by Chinese Central Government for priority funding as these universities were evaluated to rank in the top 100 in China for their distinguished achievements in research and education.
- Non-Chinese citizens who are healthy physically and mentally, and friendly to China.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants who have not obtained any other scholarship granted by Chinese government.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree program should have Senior high school diploma and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree program should have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program should have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Free tuition (RMB 26,000 Yuan/year for doctoral students, RMB 20,000 Yuan/year for master students, RMB 16,000 Yuan /year for undergraduates);
A living allowance of RMB 2,000 Yuan/month for doctoral students, RMB 1,700 Yuan/month for master students, RMB 1,400Yuan/month for undergraduates.
How to Apply:
Applicants shall visit the Admissions Page of SAU International Office and read carefully the Admission Information.
Submit Scholarship Application in the online, upload Scholarship Application Form and other application documents in the online system as required, send the documents to the International Office after all the information submitted is verified. (mail address is enclosed in the item Contact Information).
Complete Online Application on the website of International Students Office (ISO), Sichuan Agricultural University. Print and sign two hard copies of the Application Form produced by the system after all the information submitted is verified.
The Scholarship Application Form should be submitted with other materials to the International Students Office (ISO), Sichuan Agricultural University, by post-mail or in person.
Or you can submit via online application, Click Here.
May 1, 2018