The Asia Research Institute (ARI) of the National University of Singapore (NUS) invitations functions from residents of Asian nations presently enrolled in a full-time Master’s or Ph.D. diploma at a university in an Asian nation (besides Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships.
Offered to graduate scholars working within the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian subjects, the fellowship will enable the recipients to be primarily based at NUS for an ‘in residence fellowship’ for an interval of six (6) weeks. The goal of the fellowship is to allow students to make full use of the wide selection of assets held within the libraries of NUS and the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.
INTENSIVE ENGLISH ACADEMIC WRITING COURSE
A restricted variety of scholars could also be chosen to participate in a two-week long intensive course on English educational writing. This program is particularly meant for scholars who battle with writing and/or speaking in educational English. You are requested to point in your application for those who see a necessity for taking part in this course. If you may have already acquired coaching on this discipline or if you’re a (close to) native speaker you may not profit from this course. Please observe that these scholars who enroll within the English educational writing program will thus have two weeks much less time to conduct analysis regionally. Please think about rigorously what’s extra vital to you at this stage of your profession.
- A one-time allowance of SGD500.00
- A one-time spherical journey subsidy by essentially the most economical and direct route (by way of funds airline if accessible) on a reimbursement foundation upon being accepted for the fellowship.
- Access to library and pc assets on campus. You can look ahead to the wonderful library and web pc amenities at NUS’ foremost library (http://www.lib.nus.edu.sg/), the library on the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) (https://www.iseas.edu.sg/library) and the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library on the National Library (http://www.nlb.gov.sg) to facilitate your analysis for the dissertation. NUS’ foremost library has 2 million volumes protecting all subjects whereas ISEAS’ library has 200,000 on Southeast Asian subjects, half of that are in Southeast Asian languages.
- Exposure to seminars by numerous consultants within the discipline.
- A mentor/advisor might be appointed primarily based on candidate’s analysis matter.
- The Training Employment Pass and Visa might be organized for by ARI.
- On-campus lodging might be organized by ARI.
The fellowship will begin on 17 June 2019, and students are anticipated to complete a paper of eight,000 phrases and make a presentation on their work on the “Singapore Graduate Forum on Southeast Asian Studies” to be organized from 22 to 26 July 2019. You are requested to have a draft of your paper and to submit it not later than two weeks earlier than commencing the fellowship program (04 June 2019). This paper might be shared along with your native mentor in preparation for your interactions along with her/him.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to e-mail:
A 2-page define of your analysis proposal in English. The 2-page analysis proposal should embrace the next particulars:
a) whether or not the information assortment or fieldwork stage of the analysis has already been accomplished;
b) how the fellowship will contribute to the analysis
c) the varieties of sources to be consulted in Singapore
d) proposed a work plan through the fellowship.
One letter of reference out of your principal thesis supervisor has to be despatched confidentially to the identical e-mail. Since this fellowship affords the chance to enroll in an English Academic Writing Course particularly focused at graduate scholars who would possibly profit from this, ensure that your referee addresses how and why you’ll profit from such a programme. If you want is to conduct analysis regionally in Singapore please ensure that your referee addresses the usefulness and feasibility of this.
Eligible candidates should have accomplished their fieldwork by the point the Fellowship begins in June 2019.
Basic proficiency of the English Language.
Please ship the finished application paperwork to Mdm Kalaichelvi at firstname.lastname@example.org. The referee should ship the letter of reference in confidence to the identical e-mail tackle.
December 15, 2018