For over a century, Peking University has been the foremost domestic academic setting for understanding China. It has facilitated the work of many generations of scholars, in the pursuit of a more nuanced and complete understanding of China in diverse fields like history, science, economics, and literature. Its students have left its halls to spread this understanding, achieving international success and acclaim in commerce, art, academia, and politics.
In 2014, Peking University founded the Yenching Academy, inviting a global cohort of scholars into this unique intellectual environment. Yenching Academy provides a rigorous Master’s program for the multidisciplinary study of China, with the hope of cultivating a new generation of global leaders. The third cohort of 100 Scholars, hailing from over 40 countries, have the opportunity to immerse themselves in China and analyze it from a variety of perspectives.
The Academy’s flagship event, the Yenching Global Symposium (YGS), is a continuation of this mission. Hosted on the Peking University campus every spring, the three-day event is comprised of engaging lectures, panel discussions, and interactive sessions about China’s impact on the world and the influence that the world has on China.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field;
- Strong interest in learning about China and engaging in nuanced, interdisciplinary discussions which address critical societal issues relating to China;
- Available for the entirety of the conference, March 29-31st 2019 (and available for any required travel time to and from Beijing);
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums;
- English Proficiency;
- Leadership potential;
- Bonus: Involvement in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, extra-curricular.
Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference.
How To Apply:
Please apply through This Link
8 December 2018