The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), founded in 1959, is an international institution for higher education in Khlong Luang, Thailand. It specializes in engineering, advanced technologies, sustainable development, and management and planning. Its aim is to "promote technological change and sustainable development" in the Asia-Pacific region, through higher education, research, and outreach.
Founded in 1959 as SEATO Graduate School of Engineering with a mission to develop highly qualified and committed professionals to foster sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy, it receives funding from organizations and governments around the world (initially from SEATO members).
In 1972, it was described as "an excellent example of not only the initiative and organization of a technical university, but also of the success of a foreign aid program". In 2006, AIT claimed that it "has become a leading regional post-graduate institute and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world". It sees itself as being "recognized for its multinational, multi-cultural ethos." AIT celebrated its golden jubilee in 2009.
On 21 October 2011, AIT's campus was inundated by two-meter-high floodwaters.Since then, it has resumed operations at its campus.
Each Scholarship award covers tuition and registration fees, accommodation, and a bursary for living expenses in AIT’s residential campus, for the entire period of the 22-month Master Degree program.
The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with the public.
Each Scholarship award covers tuition and registration fees, accommodation, and a bursary for living expenses in AIT’s residential campus,
- The Scholarship is available to International students
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizens of Thailand, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam and China (Yunnan and Guangxi Provinces)
- Graduated in related fields from an accredited institution
- Have a good education record in a 4-year undergraduate degree program
- Have a high proficiency in English as required by AIT
- Applicants in Thailand can also take the ACT English Test administered by the AIT Language Center
- From universities with QS Ranking within 1000 or better with GPA 3.0 and above (or equivalent) or from other universities with GPA 3.5 and above (or equivalent).
How to Apply:
- Nominated applicants with a commitment from the nominees will be considered more favourably.
- Nominations from Department Heads or the Faculty Advisors of the prospective candidates are invited by filling up the Nomination Form and send by email.
March 31, 2019