Apply to be a 2019 Yenching Scholar! Yenching Scholar is now accepting applications from International, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan candidates! The Yenching Academy of Peking University offers a prestigious, interdisciplinary Master’s program in China Studies. Scholars are supported by full fellowship.
The Yenching Academy provides a generous fellowship to all scholars, including:
- Tuition fees
- Living costs
- One round-trip travel fare
- Field study costs
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 125 new students from both Mainland China and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students and students from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31, 2019;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
- Leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
How to Apply:
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- International English proficiency test score (IELTS Academic 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1 required).
December 7, 2018