This Scholarship purpose is to support doctoral students (candidates) registered with foreign universities to come to China for study, research and writing of their doctoral dissertations.
- Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year
- Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year
- Round-trip international airfare
- Other support provided by the host Chinese university
- Expenses for the foreign supervisor’s visit or research in China
- Expenses for life and medical insurances in China• Group activities and cultural experience
Duration From six months to two years.
- Non-Chinese citizen;
- HSK test score level 3 is required, and priority is given to applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions;
- Applicants who are currently participating in Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply for this Program.
- Ph.D. Study Certificate;
- Two letters of recommendation from scholars in related field;
- HSK transcript;
- Abstract of master's thesis or other academic publications;
- Abstract of doctoral dissertation;
- A research plan for the study in China;
- Priority is given to applicants who obtain a letter of recommendation from local Confucius Institutes.
How to apply:
The applicant shall submit the online application, and then post the application form and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
Deadline:20 February 2019