The Fox International Fellowship program at Yale invites applications for a Postdoctoral Associate position for the academic year 2020-2021. There is a possibility for reappointment for a second year, subject to satisfactory evaluation of the first year performance in the postdoctoral position. Compensation is competitive and includes benefits and health coverage.
The Postdoctoral Associate will pursue their own research agenda as well as mentor Fox International Fellows at Yale, teach a weekly seminar for the Program, advise prospective applicants, serve on the Selection Committee, and help the Fox Academic Director with designing and implementing the academic trainings for the fellows. The Postdoctoral Associate is expected to be in residence during the appointment and take an active role in the activities of the Program. The Postdoctoral Associate will spend fifty percent of his or her time working with the Program and the other fifty percent pursuing their own research.
To learn more about the Fox International Fellowship please refer to the Program’s website https://foxfellowship.yale.edu/
All Fellows at Yale receive the same award, which is commensurate to the level of funding received by doctoral students in the graduate school. Awards include round-trip travel, accommodations in rental housing provided by the Fox Fellowship and a generous living stipend to cover expenses not already provided for by existing funds that you may have at your disposal. The Fellowship will also cover health insurance. All fellows are also able to apply for grants from a research travel fund up to U.S.D $2000.
Fellows may apply to the research travel fund to reimburse costs associated with transport and accommodation for academic activities in which the Fellow engages in the region of the exchange partner. While it is not possible to use the research travel fund to conduct research in your home country, it may be possible to apply to the fund in order to present major conferences there. Please note that the research travel fund does not cover food or clothing, and the Fellow must make a presentation of their work in order to be eligible for conference funding.
Yale will help you support your visa application for spouse and children but Yale cannot provide funding for their travel, living or health care expenses. You may be required to prove that you can support them during your stay at the exchange partner.
Yale will sponsor you for a J-1 Visa. Yale will also sponsor spouses and children for J-2 dependent visa(s).
- Yale University, United States
- University of San Andrés, Argentina
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- University of São Paulo, Brazil
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- Fudan University, China
- The University of Copenhagen
- The Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- University of Cambridge, England
- Institut d’Études de Politiques de Paris, France
- Freie University of Berlin, Germany
- University of Ghana
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Tel Aviv University, Israel
- The University of Tokyo, Japan
- El Colegio de México
- Moscow State University, Russia
- National University of Singapore
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Boğaziçi University, Turkey
- Open to doctoral candidates and Master’s students.
- The Fox International Fellowship is available for students of Yale University or from students of any of the Exchange Partner institutions in Fox International Fellowship network.
- Postdoctoral candidates cannot apply.
- International student proposing projects in their home country are NOT eligible.
- You must either be a current graduate student or be about to graduate from your undergraduate or master’s degree.
How to Apply:
Please vist HERE for applying
Each Fox partner university holds an open annual competition to gather applications, select and nominate their best students to be Fox Fellows to Yale.
The Yale Fox Fellowship selection committee makes the final decision based on the following criteria:
- Quality of research proposal
- Strength of academic achievement
- Character and demonstrated leadership potential
- Demonstrated personal commitment to being a “citizen ambassador”
31 January 2019
Note: Application deadlines are in January/February each year: specific dates will be announced by each Fox partner university.