Applications are now open for the VU Amsterdam Orange Tulip Scholarship 2019 in Netherlands. The VU Fellowship program sponsors the Orange Tulip Scholarship program. It is now possible for excellent students from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, and Vietnam to apply for this highly selective VUFP / OTS scholarship.
VU Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university. With more than 23,000 students, they conduct cutting-edge research into problems of major societal and scientific importance. VU Amsterdam distinguishes itself in research and education through four major themes reflecting its strong level of involvement in current societal issues: Human Health and Life Sciences, Science for Sustainability, Connected World and Governance for Society. As a student this will help you look beyond the boundaries of scientific disciplines, to engage with society and to seek tangible solutions for a better world. They ask and expect their students, researchers, Ph.D. candidates, and employees to look further; to look beyond the boundaries of their own fields, cultures, traditions and philosophies to become critical and socially engaged academics.
VU stands for Vrije Universiteit. VU Amsterdam was the first university in the Netherlands established in 1880 by Abraham Kuyper, with no interference from the church or the state. From the very beginning, the university has determined its own areas of research, created its own study programs and practiced its own didactic methods. The teaching style can be described as student-centered: They stimulate students to develop their own opinions through independent and creative thinking. VU Amsterdam is open to all cultures, nationalities, and religions.
With more than 120 Master’s degree programs, VU Amsterdam offers a wide choice of study options. They are listed among the world’s top universities in various rankings. You work in relatively small teaching groups, in which considerable emphasis is placed on interaction and a personal approach. The teaching is well organized. This is reflected for instance, in the clear structure of the study programs.
OTS scholarship is a tuition fee waiver. This scholarship does not offer any additional allowance towards living costs.
- Brazil (two scholarships available)
- China (two scholarships available)
- India (two scholarships available)
- Indonesia (two scholarships available)
- Mexico (two scholarships available)
- Russia (two scholarships available)
- South Africa (two scholarships available)
- South Korea (two scholarships available)
- Vietnam (two scholarships available)
Fields of study Eligible candidates should be admitted to one of English taught Master degree programmes at VU Amsterdam. In addition, OTS candidates need to have applied for one of the VUFP scholarship programmes in your VUnet portal.
How to Apply:
Students apply for the specific OTS programme (Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, and Vietnam). Please see the specific NESO website:
- NESO Brazil
- NESO China
- NESO India
- NESO Indonesia
- NESO Mexico
- NESO Russia
- NESO South Africa
- NESO South Korea
- NESO Vietnam
- Students need to apply separately for a VUFP scholarship. Deadline for OTS is the same as the regular deadline for VUFP scholarship: 1 February 2019.
- OTS will make the selection for the OTS candidates.
- OTS will send their selection before 1 March to the central VUFP scholarship committee.
- The central scholarship committee will confirm the OTS selection. OTS nominees will be excluded from the ‘regular’ VUFP scholarship.
01 February 2019