The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is delighted to announce TechGirls Programme 2021. This award program is available to the student who has demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies.
TechGirls connects the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and offers them the opportunity to pursue their skills and further their dreams.
TechGirls is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations.
- Are from one of the following eligible countries:
- United States
- Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia;
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange;
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have travelled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
TechGirls encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for appyling
15 January 2021