Do you care about youth employment and have you had an active role in promoting it? Are you aged between 18 and 34? And would you like to come to the One Young World Summit in London from 22 to 25 October, and an additional pre-Summit programme in the Netherlands on 21 October? Then apply now to attend the One Young World Summit 2019 with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs!
This October, London will host the One Young World Summit 2019 alongside its 10th anniversary. The Summit will see 2000 young leaders from 190+ countries descend to London for the global forum for young leaders. During the Summit, delegate will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders such as musician and activist Sir Bob Geldof, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, former President of Ireland Mary Robinson and CEO of DSM Feike Sijbesma.
About the Enterprise for Peace Scholarship of the Dutch MFA:
The lack of employment opportunities for young people, as a result of the 2008 global economic crisis and the youth bulge being experienced in many countries around the world, is considered as one of the most significant security and development challenges we face. The consequences for young people such as unemployment, inequality, marginalization and disaffection are far-reaching but wider communities also suffer from the effects of high levels of youth unemployment; including poverty, violent extremism, political instability, drugs and crime.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs prioritises improving young people’s prospects in a number of developing countries and fragile states by encouraging local entrepreneurs and creating jobs. The Dutch MFA will collaborate with OYW and will provide support to 50 delegates to participate in the global Summit around creating youth employment opportunities for prosperous and peaceful societies.
Scholars selected to participate in the initiative will receive:
- Profiling in national media outlets.
- Access to the additional program of the Dutch MFA on 21 October in The Hague, The Netherlands
- Access to the One Young World Summit on 22-25 October 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis in The Hague and in London
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during OYW
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Air travel to The Hague, coach to London and air travel from London back to country of destination.
- Visa costs for the Netherlands and the United Kingdom are covered.
- Aged 18 – 34 by date of One Young World Summit 2019.
- Residents in a country from one of the following countries are eligible for the scholarship: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan and Tunisia
- 50% of the candidates will be female.
- All candidates need a working understanding in English.
- Candidates by date of OYW 2019 have not participated in more than 2 other (big) international conferences;
- Dutch MFA encourages young leaders with a form of disability to apply.
- Dutch MFA encourages young leaders from rural to urban areas to apply.
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for applying
14 April 2019