Tourism has become an important component of present day development, not only in economic terms but also for knowledge and human welfare, and is an activity accessible to a growing number of people.
Tourist activities have many more advantages than disadvantages. New forms of economic development and increasing wealth of human societies depend on tourism.
The tourism industry has nevertheless given rise to some serious concerns, including social costs and ecological impacts. Many ancient local cultures have practically lost their identity. Their societies have oriented their economy only to this industry. Both the natural and cultural - rural or urban – landscapes have also paid a high price for certain forms of tourism. These problems will persist if economic benefit is the only target, leading to short-term gains that eventually become ruinous.
International Summer School on Sustainable Tourism, as a part of International Student Week in Iran aimed to find ways to protect the natural and cultural landscape through the development of new solutions which minimise the adverse effects of tourism. This can be achieved through new strategies involving the active collaboration of society as a whole.
The event is for students, entrepreneurs, tourism leaders and destinations, planners, trainers, funders, policy makers and academics. The summer school will include lectures, group works and discussions, and also different visits and tours.
- Access to lectures by prominent Iranian tourism professionals and activists
- Opportunity to explore Iranian tourism industry through immersive activities
- Opportunity to interact with people from diverse nationality and cultural backgrounds
- Flight Tickets
- Participants will be accommodated in Student Guest House (free of charge)
- Full-board meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and coffee breaks
- Visa Invitation Letter (if needed)
- Free Walking Tours in Tehran and Karaj
- Gifts and Souvenirs
- Young professionals and students of any nationality are eligible to apply
- Applicants must have related education background or have adequate work experience in tourism industry
- Age 18 to 38 years old
- Able to communicate in English
How to Apply:
- Just fill the following from via the application link before 31 May 2019:
- Selected applicant will be contacted up to 7 June 2019.
31 May 2019