The Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 150 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions.
Funded by the Government of Japan, the ADB-Japan Scholarship provides an opportunity for citizens of the Bank’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, sciences and mathematics and technology, and other development-related fields.
The scholarship provides the following benefits:
- a living allowance of $15,300 per annum paid in fortnightly instalments
- payment of tuition fees in full for the normal duration of a masters by coursework degree up to a maximum of two years
- return economy airfare to Melbourne and back to home country at the completion of the scholarship
- a contribution towards the cost of study
- payment of Overseas Student Health Cover
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- have received an unconditional offer of place for an eligible course by 31 October for commencement in the following year.
- be a citizen of the Asia Development Bank's developing member countries
- have at least two years full-time professional work experience;
- be aged 35 years or under at the time of assessment;
- not have already completed a master degree or previously studies overseas; and
- be living and working in your home country
Eligible courses are:
- Master of International Business
- Master of Economics
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Agricultural Science
- Master of Ecosystem Management and Conservation
How to Apply:
- You must first submit an application for admission for one of the eligible courses for this scholarship. You will need to pay an application fee of $A100.
- After you have submitted an application for admission, you must submit an online application for the Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship by 31 October. No additional scholarship application fee is required.
- For further information about the scholarship program, please visit the website of the Asian Development Bank or submit a query as a future student.
31 October 2019