Indonesia is located inside the Coral Reef Triangle, which has the largest biodiversity in the planet. Such natural asset has given various opportunities in both goods production and service providing, which in turn contributes to the welfare of more than 60 million people living on the coasts of Indonesia.
Fishery sector supports food security and daily income for coastal communities. Marine tourism sector in Indonesia has been growing rapidly and there are still a lot of potential locations that can be developed to be popular tourism objects. If handled thoroughly, those sectors will provide major contribution to economic growths, sustainable development and poverty reduction in Indonesia.
Concerned of the importance to sustainably protect natural resources, in 1998 The Government of Indonesia (GoI) started a program to conserve the coral reef. The program is called Coral Reef Rehabilitation and Management Project (COREMAP). The program is executed in three phases: (i) initiation; (ii) acceleration; and (iii) institutionalization. In the third phase, COREMAP aims to strengthen the capacity of institutions, which engagemonitoring and research related to coastal ecosystem. Such monitoring and research should provide evidence-based information for natural resource management.
Sustainable coastal ecosystem management is related to coastal and sea zonation plan. Unfortunately, this effort has not been supported by sufficient human resources. Therefore one of COREMAP-CTI phase III targets is to strengthen coastal ecosystem monitoring institution through human resource capacity building.
Human resource is believed to be a major key for sustainable ecosystem management in the future.Human resource capacity building, especially the magister program, is an instrument that will maintain sustainability in coastal and marine resource management.Capable human resources will be needed in both central and local level(particularly local governments).Local governments should have personnel who are capable in managing ecosystem holistically in integrative manner. Such capacity is needed especially in planning the coast and sea zonation.Human resource capacity building is expected to support decision making process by producing responsible personnel who can support coast and sea management.
COREMAP-CTI Human Resource Capacity Building Program/Magister Scholarship Program will provide fund to participants/scholars to cover these components:
- Education cost/tuition fee
- Living cost
- Establishment allowance/relocation cost
- International transportation cost, including visa.
To be eligible, applicants of this program must:
- Permanent staffs/apparatus/public servants of LIPI, Bappenas,KKP, Bappeda (provincial and city/regency level) or other relevant local government agencies (provincial and city/regency level)from COREMAP-CTI locations (see chapter 1.3) with minimum service period of 2 years
- Hold a degree (S1)with GPA more than 2.70
- Have minimum TOEFL score of 540 or minimum IELTS score of 6,5
- Not older than 42 years
How to Apply:
- Fill the online application forms in http://pusbindiklatren.bappenas.go.id/daftar/login
- Attach/upload a copy of S1 certificateand a copy of S1 transcripts (both have to be legalized by the university or other authorized institution)
- Attach/upload a copy of valid TOEFL or IELTS certificate
- Attach other related documents (such as permit from superior officer,declaration letter/affidavit, recommendation letter, motivation letter, etc)
31 May 2019
31 May 2019