CRCS, founded in 2000, is the only interdisciplinary academic program that focuses on religious studies at a university that is not affiliated with a particular religion in Indonesia. CRCS accepts students consisting of various religious backgrounds and scientific disciplines (both domestic and overseas). And besides the S2 study program, CRCS is also a research and public education institution. The teaching and learning process at CRCS uses English as the language of instruction.
Obligation Of CRCS Scholarship Recipients:
CRCS Scholarship Recipients are required to work for 6 hours in one week at CRCS. There will be 2 types of work offered including:
- First, become a Research Assistant under the coordination of the Research Division. The task of the Research Assistant is to read and mengkliping news from newspapers, magazines and online media with themes that have been determined by the Research Division. News gathering techniques will be explained further by Research Division staff.
- Second, become a Reporter under the Coordination Division of the Public Education. The task of the Reporter is to cover CRCS activities and write news based on the results of the coverage to be displayed on the CRCS website.
CRCS scholarships only cover tuition fees of Rp. 9,000,000 (Nine million rupiah) per semester for 4 semesters. CRCS scholarships do not cover living expenses, research fees, book fees, transportation costs and other fees.
- Undergraduate (BA) degree from an accredited undergraduate program in an Indonesian or foreign university
- Minimum GPA score:
- 2,5 (4-point scale) from an A accredited undergraduate program.
- 2,75 (4-point scale) from a B accredited undergraduate program.
- 3,0 (4-point scale) from a C accredited undergraduate program.
- TOEFL minimum score: 475.
- TPA minimum score: 450.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 475.
- Application letter for CRCS scholarship submitted to the CRCS office.
- A recommendation letter from those who can attest to the applicant’s academic capacity such as former academic advisor or instructors.
- A statement from the applicant certifying that he/she has not received a scholarship from any other institution.
How to Apply:
- Applicants are required to submit online all the documents requested by UGM’s student admission.
- For non-Indonesian applicants, please click here for admission information. CRCS will assist international applicants to obtain their study permit and visa (VITAS) through the Office of International Affairs of UGM. Please click crcs.ugm.ac.id/visa for the procedures.
02 July 2020