Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung welcomes applicants from Arab countries in the Middle East and North Africa to apply for the 7th Regional Summer School. The Summer School will provide participants with interesting insights and different viewpoints from the region. Further, offer an excellent platform for exchanging ideas and sharing experiences. Adding on, The program promotes networking among civil society actors, researchers, and activists. In the region working in the fields of citizen participation and intervention in the urban space, local governance, sustainable development, gender, and environment.
Moreover, The topic of this year’s Regional Summer School will be “Our Cities Our Future: Civic Engagement in Urban Sustainable Development.” The sessions of the summer school will provide participants with skills and theoretical knowledge. To further their engagement within civil society and local community efforts. Additionally, towards sustainable development and recuperation of urban space in the MENA region.
The Summer School will focus on new approaches to sustainable urban development and citizen participation. Also, will critically assess current urbanization and gentrification trends as well as discuss housing rights, safe public transport. Further, the creation of green and accessible public spaces in the region’s cities. In addition, we will have a closer look at community interventions in the urban space through art, architecture and urban agroecology. Lastly, initiatives targeting the protection of the environment and climate action will be part of the program. Thereby, we will build on different regional experiences to offer a comparative perspective.
Travel and accommodation costs of the participants will be covered by the respective Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung office.
- Candidates should be between the ages of 23 and 35.
- reside in and/or hold the nationality of one of the eligible countries.
- Further, have diverse backgrounds, including environmental studies, architecture and urban studies, the arts, social and political sciences, and gender studies, etc.
- be one of the active change-makers in civil society. Additionally, who are engaged in grassroots initiatives related to sustainable urban development as well as researchers,
- have a good command of English.
- reside in and/or hold the nationality of one of the following countries: Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Iraq or Syria.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for the Regional Summer School 2019, please fill out the application form, send us your CV and write us a letter of motivation of two pages with a description of your experience and knowledge related to sustainable urban development and citizen participation. Please do not forget to tell us your interest and motivation in attending the summer school and think about how the summer school could benefit you and how you could contribute to the program.
Please submit your application documents via email.
- Applicants from Palestine and Jordan are asked to submit their application documents in English to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Palestine & Jordan office in Ramallah,(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applicants from Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Egypt are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Tunis, Ms. Henriette Raddatz (email@example.com)
- Applicants from Lebanon, Iraq, and Syria are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic or French to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Beirut, Ms. Corinne Deek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applicants from Morocco are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Rabat, Ms. Fatima-Zohra Lamrani (email@example.com)
Deadline: 08 June 2019