Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to advancing women in technology, and we are very excited to announce the 2019 Facebook Grace Hopper Women in Computing Scholarship!
This fall we’ll join thousands of remarkable women in technology in Orlando, Florida from September 30 - October 4, 2019 for our twelfth year at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. This unique scholarship program will be awarded to 50 women excelling in Computer Science. Each recipient will have the opportunity not only to attend the Celebration, but to spend valuable days before the conference with Facebook engineers learning, collaborating, and preparing for the conference.
We look forward to celebrating with you in Orlando!
- Paid registration for the Grace Hopper Celebration
- Paid travel and lodging, including a pre-Grace Hopper Celebration program in Orlando that includes tech talks, mentoring sessions and networking events from September 30 - October 5, 2019.
- An invitation to a private reception with Facebook's Engineering Team during the Grace Hopper Celebration.
- Additional meal stipend
- The scholarship is open to all women currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking university program, majoring in Computer Science or a related field (i.e. Computer Engineering, Math, Statistics, Information systems)
- Students who are current interns at Facebook or who have accepted offers (2019-2020) at Facebook are ineligible.
- For international applicants: If you are selected, you would be responsible for your own travel visa. Facebook will cover travel expenses.
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for applying
28 June 2019