People and the global economy both need healthy and restored landscapes to thrive. Several initiatives around the world, both at local and regional levels, are aimed at restoring and protecting ecosystems and biodiversity hotspots, as well as helping to tackle the impacts of climate change. But while eagerness for restoring the earth is taken for granted, securing funding for this restoration work is a challenging task.
To find ways of reducing the gap between aspiration and action, the GLF and the Youth in Landscape Initiative (YIL), are happy to invite you to participate in the Youth in Landscapes Finance Workshop on November 29, 2019 and GLF Luxembourg on November 30, 2019 in Luxembourg City. This will be an outstanding learning experience that will help you develop the skills you need to build a business plan, seek funding opportunities, write exceptional proposals and pitch your ideas.
In particular, the workshop will cover:
- practical suggestions to find your way in the world of finance;
- specific strategies to seek and reach fund sources;
- practical advice on developing funding request proposals;
- The best 15 applicants will receive sponsorships for part of their travel costs, up to 200 euros.
- Aged 18-35 years old;
- Involved in development, agriculture, forestry, agroecology or any field relevant to climate change and landscape restoration;
- Interest in sustainable finance;
- Asset: you have a new business idea contributing to your landscape’s well-being
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for apply
31 October 2019