Chili Padi Academy (CPA) targets high school students from ASEAN countries with the aim to equip them with the skills, emotional intelligence, and networks to become the next generation of environmental leaders in the ASEAN region. Past runs of Chili Padi Academy were joined by high school students from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The Academy will be conducted across three stages:
- 1. 24 February 2020 - 1 March 2020, Accelerator Programme: A week-long programme in Singapore with leadership and self-discovery workshops, environmental problem-based learning and facilitated learning journeys
- 2. 2 March 2020 - June 2020, Home-Run: Implementation of Home-Country Projects under local mentorship
- 3. June 2020 (actual dates TBC), Together-Gather: Participants reconvene for an evaluation of their projects and a cultural immersion through learning journeys. Location and date to be confirmed.
- 1. Be able to fully participate for the entire duration of the programme (all three phases) from end of February to start of June 2020.
- 2. Be passionate in addressing environmental challenges and making change in your community.
- 3. Be a citizen of Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, and Philippines aged 15-19 and be studying in a school in one of the four countries.
- 4. Demonstrate leadership capabilities and involvement in community activities.
- 5. Have a desire to connect with other like-minded youth in the region. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
Selected participants will have to co-pay a fee of SGD100. This covers the cost of the entire programme, inclusive of flight tickets, accommodations and food during the Accelerator and Together-Gather portion of the programme. However, if you feel like you would not be able to co-pay this amount, you can request for financial aid by filling up this form. All you need to do is answer some questions so we may better understand your situation.
Deadline:18 and 25 December 2019