The Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to sponsor students, teachers, and scholars from ASEAN nations to study in China and to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN members. There are 30 scholarships offered annually and it only supports graduates.
- Full Scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation, monthly stipend and medical insurance
- This scholarship supports graduate students for both English-taught and Chinese-taught programs in China. (Master and Doctoral programs)
- Application Period: Now – 31 January 2020
- Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), and be in good health.
- the requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
This scholarship supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. It covers major study and Chinese language study.
How to Apply:
Scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Program Search (by visiting http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org) can help you find the program and university you're interested in.
Candidates can either:
- Apply to the AUN Secretariat for CGS opportunity without any Pre-admission Letter. In this case candidates can select their preferred institutes during online applications process.
- Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in). Please note that AUN’s Programme Category is ‘Type A’ and Agency Number is ‘00005.’ Once the correct Agency Number is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge. Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System and Agency Number is provided on page 5.
- Complete the online Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print two hard copies.
- Submit TWO sets of the paper application forms and other supporting documents to the AUN Secretariat by 30 JANUARY 2020.
- Only successful candidates will be informed by email by early August 2020
Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
For more information:
Please read this document carefully https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D6Ur_HcG3JBu2-mZdh93fPpVKThRtqBI and if you still have any question, please contact
Mr. Chawanvit Panprasert
ASEAN University Network Secretariat
17th Floor, Chaloem Rajakumari 60 Building,
Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330 THAILAND
Tel: +662-215-3640 ext. 105 (*Working hours: Monday to Thursday 10.00-19.00 ONLY!*)
31 January 2020