In order to encourage outstanding international students to undertake degree studies in Taiwan to promote understanding and friendship between Taiwan and global community, the Ministry of Education (MOE) in the Republic of China (Taiwan) has established the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
The aim of the Taiwan Scholarship Program is to encourage outstanding students to continue their education in Taiwan. If you are interested in applying, please first read the Taiwan Scholarship
Duration of scholarship:
- S1 Program: Maximum 4 years.
- S2: Maximum 2 years.
- S3 Program: Maximum 4 years.
- The total duration of the scholarship recipient can receive a scholarship: 5 years.
- Cost of living:
- S1 will be awarded for NT $ 15,000 (equivalent to USD $ 500) / month
- S2 and S3 will be given at NT $ 20,000 (equivalent to USD $ 666) / month
- Tuition fees and other academic fees:
- The Taiwan Minister of Education will provide subsidies of NT $ 40,000 / semester for each student. If the required costs exceed NT $ 40,000, - then the excess costs will be borne by the recipient of the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients pay for themselves:
- Administration fees, thesis advisory fees, insurance premiums, accommodation fees and internet fees.
- Is a high school graduate or above with an excellent academic record, of good moral character and has no criminal record.
- Is a national of the Republic of Indonesia
- Is not an overseas compatriot student.
- Has never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree or LEP that he/she intends to apply for.
- Is not an exchange student through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan while receiving the Scholarship.
- Has not previously had a Scholarship revoked by an ROC government agency or other relevant institution.
- Scholarship application form
- Photocopy of passport and family card
- Photocopy of the last diploma and transcript of the educational score that has been issued
- Photocopy of the form used when applying to university
- Photocopy of certificate of language proficiency:
Study programs that do NOT use English:
- Photocopy of the certificate of "Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language" (TOCFL) with a minimum middle level (L3). Do not accept certificates other than TOCFL.
- English study program
- Photocopy of TOEFL / TOEIC / IELTS certificate or other English proficiency certificate from an internationally recognized institution.
- Two recommendation letters that have been signed and closed tightly in an envelope.
How to Apply:
- Scholarship applicants MUST make direct registration first to the university. Registration to the university is done through the website of each university.
- Application documents and other documents can be sent to:
Taipei Economic and Trade Office Office
Gedung Artha Graha lt.17, Jl. Jend Sudirman kav 52-53, SCBD, Jakarta 12190
15 March 2020