Applications are invited for Hungarian Government Scholarship to undertake Master of Science degree courses (MSc) at one of the participating universities. The scholarship will cover application and tuition fees throughout the study period, basic books and notes,dormitory accommodation and subsistence costs.
The objective of the FAO is to lead international efforts to defeat hunger, contributing to an expanding world economy by promoting sustainable rural development with emphasis on the poorest farmers, promoting food production and self-reliance, and raising nutrition levels.
All of the costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007. Scholarship students are entitled to the same health care coverage offered to Hungarian students during the course of the scholarship. The scholarship covers student costs only, family members are not supported within the frame of this programme
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
- MSc in Food Safety and Quality Engineering (Szent István University)
- MSc in Horticultural Engineering (Szent István University)
- MSc in Animal nutrition and feed safety (Kaposvár University)
The following universities and faculties are participating:
- Szent István University, Faculty of Food Science
- Szent István University, Faculty of Horticultural Science
- Kaposvár University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
List of eligible countries
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, North Macedonia, Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
*References to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL (to REU-Scholarship@fao.org) consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
28 February 2020