Apply now for this once in a lifetime opportunity. BP and AFS have partnered to host the BP Global STEM Academies, four-week programs in Brazil, Egypt, India, and the USA focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and global competence education. Scholarship winners will enrich their STEM knowledge and skills through interactive, hands-on curriculum, while developing critical global competencies, including problem solving, analytical skills, intercultural understanding, and the ability to build bridges across cultures. The program culminates with team projects and presentations that offer potential solutions to real world challenges, with an emphasis on climate change and the energy transition. The program is only available via scholarship award – see below for eligibility criteria.
- BP and AFS have partnered to develop the BP Global STEM Academies and BP has provided funding for 110 full scholarships.
- Your scholarship covers the AFS program fee, domestic and international airfares, your visa (if necessary), government fees to obtain a passport (if needed), and all program costs, including meals and housing.
- For the 2020 BP Global STEM Academies, AFS is identifying and selecting scholarship recipients from Brazil, China, Egypt, Germany, Ghana, India, Mexico, South Africa and the USA.
- Must be born between December 1, 2002 and June 1, 2005
- The ability to participate fully in a classroom and program conducted entirely in English
- Demonstrated interest in STEM, study abroad and interacting with different cultures
- Willingness to attend all four Academy destinations – Brazil, Egypt, India or the USA
- Ability and willingness to travel unaccompanied abroad
- Interested in exploring new cultures
How to Apply:Please visit HERE for applying
To complete an application, you will first be asked to fill in some basic information to ensure that you are eligible to apply. Once we have verified your eligibility, you will need to provide some additional information about yourself, complete four short essay questions, provide us with a school transcript, and verify your parent or guardian’s consent to apply.
09 March 2020