Adobe believes that young people should have the opportunity to learn and express themselves through creativity and technology, regardless of their economic or cultural backgrounds. A diverse design community that reflects the world around us is essential to our industry’s future innovation and economic success.
To help reach untapped youth communities and foster more diversity in the design industry, the Design Circle scholarship will do just that: we are awarding 10 annual college scholarships -- up to $25,000 per year, for each year of the recipient’s undergraduate education (up to four years or $100,000).
The scholarship is ideal for students who want to enter product design or experience design-related careers (e.g. digital, web, UX/UI, industrial design, or similar). We seek to support a diverse group of students to achieve their higher education and professional development goals. Applications are encouraged from candidates including, but not limited to: racial or ethnic minorities, females, those who identify as LGBTQ+, first-generation college students, and students with disabilities.
Scholarships can be renewed for up to four years or until completing your undergraduate degree, whichever comes first. Scholarships are renewed each year pending academic progress.
Design Circle Scholars are eligible for up to U.S. $25,000.00 per academic year for required tuition and fees*. The exact amount of each scholarship will be determined by several critical factors including:
- the Scholar’s expected financial need
- the location of their college/university
- the type of college/university (state university, private university, etc.)
In addition to receiving the scholarship, the Design Circle members will offer a variety of mentorship opportunities to the scholarship winners, such as shadowing, internships, workshops, networking, among others. This will help strengthen the impact of the scholarship, while providing real-world experience to the scholarship recipients during their education.
*Barring extreme cases, the calculation of tuition and fees will not include room & board.
- This scholarship is open to students who will be pursuing undergraduate college/university studies during the 2020-21 academic year. Applicants must be planning to enroll in an accredited college/university degree or certificate program.
- Applicants do not need to be accepted into an undergraduate program at the time of application, but if selected for a scholarship, proof of acceptance will be required before scholarship funds can be sent.
- While there is no minimum grade requirement to apply for this scholarship, an applicant’s academic and extracurricular record must show potential to succeed in a college/university program in their intended field of study.
How to Apply:
The application will close at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 12, 2020. A complete application will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal written or video statement of approximately 500 words or up to three minutes in length
- An estimate of your expected tuition and fee expenses
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from non-family members who knows you well - for example a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc.
- High school transcript issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- College/university transcript issued by the school, if applicable
- Portfolio of up to three examples of your design work. Your portfolio can consist of links to websites you have built and/or links to third-party sites where you have uploaded your work (examples of third-party sites include Behance, YouTube, DailyMotion, Imgur, Dropbox, etc.).
12 March 2020