As an affiliated organization of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea(hereafter MCST), the Korea National University of Arts (K-Arts) runs the short-term fellowship program for Art educators and professionals called Art Major Faculty ‘Explore K-Arts’(hereafter, AMFEK). AMFEK residency program sponsored by the MCST invites professionals and academic researcher in various art fields from abroad each year for 4 months in order to promote artistic cooperation and cultural understanding and introduce Korea’s art and culture.
※ Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the deadline is postponed as above. Please kindly understand.
※ The residency is expected to keep on track, starting from early August and finishing in the end of November. Participants are advised to arrive in Korea on 31st July 2020 so as to attend to the first orientation on 1st August. But please be informed that the timeframe for this year could be postponed/canceled depending on the circumstances of situation.
- To promote the artistic and cultural network and cooperation by inviting art educators, researchers, or professional artists from institutions specialized in arts around the world
- To allow students from both countries to experience cultural diversity through exchange with each institutions’ art professionals and to strengthen the artistic creativity
- 1 K-Arts faculty member will be paired with the AMFEK participant as a mentor
- 1 round-trip airfare (Economy class)
- Accommodation: Fully furnished guest-house on campus or a flat near the campus.
- Living expenses: KRW 900,000 per month
- Intensive Korean language lessons (20 hours a month)
- Basic medical insurance, Cultural field trips, etc.
- Support on proposed projects such as workshop, symposium, exhibition, performance, etc. according to its feasibility and importance (up to USD 2,500)
- Professionals working actively as professors, lecturers, researchers, artist, or art administrator of an artistic/cultural institution (Ages through 25 to 45 preferred)
- Field of Program: 6 schools* of Korea National University of Arts
- Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Drama, Film/TV/ Multimedia, Korean Traditional Arts
- Region : Nationals of ODA recipient countries (by passport)
- Period : August ~ November 2020 (Apprx. 4 months)
- Requirement: Fluent in English OR in Korean language
- Number of Participant: 5
Activity and Obligation
- Participation in orientation
- Weekly & final report (Performance, Exhibition, Film or Documentary production, etc.)
- Korean language lesson
- Participation on the research/creation project as a final presentation of what have done during the residency: Concert/Recital, Performance/Stage, Film/Documentary/Video, Report, Seminar, Exhibition, and/or any form or presentation agreed by AMFEK manager and mentor professor.
How to Apply:
What to submit :
- AMFEK Application Form
- Certificate of employment or career (Eng ver.)
- Certificate of Degree (Eng ver.)
- Portfolio (Eng ver. slides, video, dvd, etc.)
- Proposal of research or project(Eng ver, no given format)
- Statement of self-introduction (Eng ver, no given format)
- 2 Letters of recommendation by the chiefs of the employed organization(Eng ver.)
- A copy of passport
- 2 passport photos (3x4cm)
- Medical clearance proof (Eng. ver, Certificate of health)
Where to submit
- 1) Email: Attn. Yuwon Kwon ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 2) Post : Attn. Yuwon Kwon (Tel: +82 2 746 9075)
*All the Required documents should be submitted by 10 May 2020 (Korean local time).
*Late and incomplete submission will not be accepted
*All submitted documents will not be returned.
10 May 2020