Kangwon National University (KNU) was established in 1947 in Chuncheon, Gangwon-do, South Korea. Initially established as an agricultural college, Kangwon National University has steadily expanded to a comprehensive university encompassing a full spectrum of academic fields. Kangwon National University serves as the flagship educational institution of Gangwon-do.
We are glad to inform you that the application for the KNU Student Exchange Program for Fall 2020 is now open
Tuition and fees : Application, admission and tuition fees are waived
Participants may have an opportunity to receive a K-PIES and GKS scholarship.
- A variety of academic fields
- Exempted from tuition fees of KNU
- One hour travel to/from Seoul by bus or subway
- Buddy Program
- Incheon International Airport pick-up service
- A variety of cultural events (Culture Day, picnics, learning samulnori performance, Hanbok wearing experience, Farewell Party, and more)
- Dormitory guaranteed (the student must cover the cost)
- A student who is able to take lectures in English or Korean
- A student with a GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.5) or higher, or 2.67 (out of 4.0) or higher
- A student who has completed at least two semesters in their home university
- A copy of Exchange Student Application
- A copy of Letter of Introduction including Study Plan
- A copy of Passport
- A copy of Academic Transcripts
- A copy of Certificate of Enrollment
- A copy of Recommendation (Office of International Affairs or affiliated department)
How to Apply:
- A student from a Sister University of Kangwon National University may attend one or two semesters at KNU and return to their school to receive credits.
- A student must obtain an official recommendation from their school to apply as an exchange student, and the tuition fees should be paid to their original school.