The African Leadership University in Collaboration with the Alibaba Business School Global Ecommerce Talent Programme is organizing the Africa edition of the GET Global Challenge 2020. The Challenge is themed: Digital Solutions during COVID-19 and beyond. The Africa edition is a part of the larger Global competition hosted by Alibaba Business School and is taking place in several countries across the world. The challenge is seeking innovative digital solutions to support people, businesses and institutions during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
In 2020, we have all witnessed a disruption to daily life, work and much more due to the spread of the coronavirus across the world. In such times, our world becomes vulnerable and we have to ensure we have solutions that protect everyone or can improve the conditions in which we all exist. This challenge seeks to inspire and support young people who are especially digital natives to innovate with technology to provide solutions for all walks of life. These digital solutions can come in any form and be from any field. However, the solutions should promote resilience, inclusion, and access to services that people need during times like these. This, in essence, is a social innovation challenge.
This challenge will take place online/virtually unless otherwise announced.
There will be prizes across both regional and global levels including:
- Up to 14,000 USD of business funding
- A digital economy discovery trip to Alibaba Headquarters in Hangzhou, China
- Admission to Alibaba GET Talent bank, connected with potential mentors, investors, employers, and business opportunities
- Special prizes at regional level to be announced
- Premium digital economy and entrepreneurship education content through online trainings from Alibaba Business School and from African Leadership University
- Open to individuals 18-30 years of age from"
- Africa Region | China | Colombia | Indonesia | Malaysia | Mexico | Phillipines | Russia | South Korea | Thailand | Uzbekistan
- Teams of 3-5 people with at least one member able to communicate effectively in English Language
- Have a new business idea or a running business that is less than 1 year old
- Have not received more than $100,000 funding for the current project